Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes Remote App not working

My iTunes Remote App isn't working. I meet all of the system requirements, as for "Look for iPod touch, iPhone and iPad Remotes" that isn't an option... it does read "iTunes is not paired with any remotes". I have turned home sharing on in iTunes, and after I log into my iTunes account on the App, it just reads "Turn on Home Sharing in iTunes on your computer or Apple TV..."

The best part of all of this is that I use to have a PC, and I never had a problem with the Remote App until I switched to my MacBook Pro. The App did work, the very first time I connected it to my MacBook, but never since.

iPhone 4S, iOS 5.1.1

Posted on Jul 23, 2012 2:53 PM

14 replies

Jul 23, 2012 8:26 PM in response to Patrick Steven

Hi,

I'm also facing similar problem with the Remote App with my Apple TV 3.

I called the Apple Care and after the troubleshooting on the phone; which basically performed some turning on/off homesharing, restarting the Apple TV, iphone & ipad which I intended to use as remote, the Remote App still canot detect the iTune account.

The Apple Care then said it may be due to the home router and send me an article and advise me to call the local support for the home router to open some tcp/udp ports listed in the article for the Apple TV (TCP 123, 80, 443, 53, 3689, UDP 5353).

I'm going to call the local telco on this when I reach home this evening after work. Not sure if this will resolve the problem. You may want to try the same.

Dec 2, 2012 10:09 AM in response to Patrick Steven

It should be in your router setup. I'm no router expert but I accessed it through my browser by typing in the router's IP address which I found on the identification label on the bottom. The router should give you the controls interface. Check around in 'wireless settings', or something similar, and look for 'security settings' You shiould see options like WEP, WPA (I originally said WAP by mistake) and WPA2. You could also do a search on the router manufacturer web site for how to do this.

WARNING!!

You will have to re-connect all of your wireless devices since you are changing the wifi settings and your devices will be expecting the old settings.

iTunes Remote App not working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.