Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Southwest Airlines Ding! for Dock

Has anyone had any experience running SouthWest Airlines Dock app, Ding!? Any problems?

I want to take advantage of the SWA offer to Rapid Rewards Members who download and install DING! from March 20 - April 3, 2006 and keep it installed for 30 days to receive 2 Rapid Rewards credits, but I don't want to be the first guinea pig with their long-awaited Mac version of the software.

FYI- http://www.southwest.com/ding/whatisding.html?src=rrpromotions

thanks.

G5iMac Mac OS X (10.4.5) 1 GB ram

Posted on Mar 21, 2006 6:53 PM

5 replies

Mar 30, 2006 11:16 AM in response to Barry Hemphill

Thanks, Barry. I waited a week for someone to say they had tried it, but then decided to look elsewhere and found the MacWorld stuff. Either you and I are the only people on the Apple boards who have it, or no one else wanted to save me from the terror of being an early adopter! 🙂 I've been running it since yesterday with no trouble.

peter

G5iMac Mac OS X (10.4.2) 1 GB ram

Apr 3, 2006 1:06 PM in response to Barry Hemphill

One anomalous event this morning that may be related to Ding! A kernel panic moments after login. (I haven't done anything else with hard or software that would trigger a panic.) To put it in context, I have dialup and am used to the fact that the modem doesn't hold a connection for more than a couple minutes after a cold startup (have also read reports of this behavior in these discussions). It is possible that the machine didn't like the combination of Ding! trying to connect at login and the modem not responding. I restarted from Disk Warrior CD and ran a rebuild, finding no problems. Restarted again, removed Ding! from login items, third restart, opened Ding! manually, no trouble.

G5iMac Mac OS X (10.4.2) 1 GB ram, LaCie 120GB D2 FW, Epson Perfection 1260, Epson Stylus C86

Southwest Airlines Ding! for Dock

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.