Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My Mac keeps restarting after Mountain Lion install

In installed Mountain Lion and now my Mac keep rebooting. I am getting an error that there is a problem with starting up. I am able to access my computer by using safe mode but as soon as restart it, it keeps rebooting once again. Please help.

iMac, OS X Mountain Lion

Posted on Jul 27, 2012 5:59 PM

18 replies

Aug 16, 2012 11:43 AM in response to ChronicMac

Hi,

Same thing here -- when I close my 15" MBP then later open it, it will have shut down. Have to hit the power button to restart then get prompted to send an error report. Never happened before upgrading to ML and has been getting worse over the last days (didn't happen before a week or so ago, and I upgraded on July 25, or whatever ML release day was.)

Aug 17, 2012 2:23 PM in response to ChronicMac

com.trendmicro.kext.KERedirect

com.globaldelight.driver.BoomDevice

The trendmicro kext is likely the problem. Don´t know about the other one. You can probably start up in Safe Mode (boot with Shift-key) and uninstall the app from there, or check if there is an update to the program.

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/4142149?answerId=19042643022#19042643022

Boot on Safe Mode and then go into the library and get rid of TrendMicro files. There are other threads right now on this so do a quick search and give it a try.

My Mac keeps restarting after Mountain Lion install

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.