Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Change display settings to 1024x768 stretched?

Hi all,

I want to be able to change my display settings to 1024x768 streched?

You use to be able to do in lion but the option is not there on mountain lion, and if you change it to 1024x768 it leaves the black borders on the sides instead of streching....

PLEASE HELP.....

MacBook Pro, OS X Mountain Lion

Posted on Jul 29, 2012 10:11 PM

18 replies

Aug 27, 2012 1:57 PM in response to tipstar23

Same issue here. I'm really disappointed with Mountain Lion. I have a 13" macbook pro and when plugged into the projector my screen real estate is even smaller now. I tried mutliple resolutions and no luck. First major strike was with my battery performance having a 50% decline and now this issue. I may have to downgrade as well - the whole mantra of Mac ' "It just works" is not holding true anymore. Very dissapointed

Nov 24, 2012 5:04 AM in response to tipstar23

My old eyes can't see text @ 1680 x 1050. The next available full screen mode is 1280 x 800 which doesn't provide much usable desktop. Please bring back the s t r e c h e d modes that offered a happy compromise. I've been fooling with Accessibility options for Display and Zoom, but they are a poor substitute at best. Doesn't Apple want seniors to use Macs?

Mar 13, 2013 12:20 PM in response to tipstar23

I called Apple about this and they said they took away the setting and to complain about it so hopefully enough people complain about it to get it back.

I work at a school and our projectors run on 1024x768 60hertz which means the computer has to be on 1024x768 streched or we have black bars on the sides.

If I put ideal settings on one, the other looks bad. I can't make both screens look good.

BRING BACK 1024X768 streched please Apple

Change display settings to 1024x768 stretched?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.