Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Ipad 2 Glass Repair Warranty

I did purchase apple care and verified that I do have coverage"under apples limited warranty". However I cannot find my receipt. I was able to search by serial# to determine that I am within the time limit. When I purchased the Ipad2 from Best Buy the sales man said that broken glass was covered. Now I am reading about it costing several hundred in contrast to the $50 I was told. What do I do?

iPad 2

Posted on Jul 29, 2012 10:50 PM

10 replies

Aug 12, 2013 4:08 PM in response to rswd2012

Yeah, I fell for the "Apple Care covers glass replacement" too. I bought a iPad for my daughter and the nice girl in the Apple Store told me specifically that it included a "one time" glass damage replacement option as she was looking at my daughter. My own stupid fault for not verifying this with something written, as she did recently put a small crack in the screen, and the new nice girl at the Apple store said, "Nope". One nice thing about this is I now have the clarity going forward of having eliminated Apple from any future electronic purchases.

Nov 18, 2013 11:14 AM in response to rswd2012

Interesting, I bought iPad3 last year in Apple Store in KY. Nice store lady assured me that apple care is something that will fix my broken glass for $50 instead of $350 or something like that. Since I knew this was for my kids I decided to go for that.

Today my kid broke the glass on it and I'm just looking on the internet how this works - I'm going to be really ****** if it turns that I need to pay the entire price for that. Will report back in couple days.

Nov 18, 2013 6:27 PM in response to rswd2012

First, I think you should go back to Best Buy and argue your point and go as high as you can to deal with upper level management because you think you were duped into buying it there because of the one time fix. Also, take up your issue at an Apple store, again, only dealing with management. If neither works and you have to pay, consider this.

If you repair your ipad through Apple it can cost as much as $299.00. Gazelle.com will give you $60.00 cash for it and they pay shipping. Prices can go down, so if you decide to do it, act fast. Not all online trade-in companies take broken ipads. Google it and see if other companies will take in and/or pay you more.

Then consider the Apple online refurb store. A refurbished ipad 2 16gb is $319.00 - then subtract the $60.00 from Gazelle and you'll pay $259.00, probably less than Apple's charge to fix it. A 32gb is $399 minus the $60.00 from Gazelle and you'll pay $339.00, etc.

A refurbished ipad 4 retina 16gb is $379.00 - $80.00 more than a fix minus the $60.00 you'll get if you sell it as is. So for the cost of the repair and trade-in for $60.00, you can get an ipad 4 retina 16gb for $319.00. A 32gb is $449.00. If you subtract the cost of a $299.00 repair, the additional cost to you becomes $150.00 Subtract the $60.00 from your trade-in, and you'll pay an additional $90.00 for a retina 32gb.

Refurbished ipads come with new front and back covers, a brand new battery, and a full one year warranty. They come in the white box with the cable. Shipping is free. iPads come adn go on the site, so when you see what you want, you should buy it then. We have 2 refurbed ipads and they have been great.

Hope this helps.

Ipad 2 Glass Repair Warranty

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.