Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My iPhone's Microphone not working .

Hi,

My iPhone's Microphone not working when i call by phone app,

But it's working when i use any other apps like Skype or FaceTime

I try use headphone but it's not working too.

iPhone 4, iOS 5.1.1

Posted on Jul 31, 2012 8:57 AM

9 replies

Jul 31, 2012 9:09 AM in response to Mr.Mansour

The Apple Support Communities are an international user to user technical support forum. As a man from Mexico, Spanish is my native tongue. I do not speak English very well, however, I do write in English with the aid of the Mac OS X spelling and grammar checks. I also live in a culture perhaps very very different from your own. When offering advice in the ASC, my comments are not meant to be anything more than helpful and certainly not to be taken as insults.

Try a reset. Press & hold the Power and Home buttons simultaneously, ignoring the red power off slider, until the Apple logo appears. Then release both buttons. This should not affect any content on the iPad, it is similar to rebooting your computer.

If that does not help, restore the iPhone to factory settings.

Sep 2, 2012 8:29 AM in response to Dah•veed

Dah*veed, you must remember that users go on support forums like this to find answers. Not to be "taught a lesson" in forum etiquette. After searching for a solution to the same problem that Mr. Mansour has, I have found many "experts" in several other forums who love to belittle the non-tech users who need help. We "non-techs" are just looking for a solution to our iPhone problems. Dah*veed, we are very appreciative that you have the knowledge to help us. But please, in the future, don't be such a big meanie!

<Edited By Host>

Sep 2, 2012 8:26 AM in response to qwikflash

And yet aside from your snivelly little rant to call me all sorts of names, no one has cared enough to post a comment or offer any ideas of a solution.

I offered the OP the truth and low and behold my prediction is true. You opened a new account and violated the Terms of Use with your 1st post. That doesn't bode well for any future you may have in the ASC.

Ciao.

Sep 2, 2012 8:34 AM in response to FakeEmployee

Look FakeEmployee, I understand what Dahveed is trying to say and I agree with him. It is difficult to help someone when you don't know all the details of their particular problem. I am a 23 year veteran in the customer service industry. There is a way to talk to people and SOLVE their problems without creating new ones. Instead of saying ""I already did that" becomes a old very quickly." He could have said "OK, what else have you tried before I troubleshoot your problem. I need to know before we can find a solution." It is not Dahveed's job to teach forum etiquette. If he cannot find the solution, then don't reply. Or simply say, " I cannot help you with your problem" or " I don't know" He should've kept his comment to himself.

Sep 2, 2012 8:40 AM in response to Dah•veed

Bahahahaha!!!

Dah•veed wrote:

And yet aside from your snivelly little rant to call me all sorts of names, no one has cared enough to post a comment or offer any ideas of a solution.

I offered the OP the truth and low and behold my prediction is true. You opened a new account and violated the Terms of Use with your 1st post. That doesn't bode well for any future you may have in the ASC.

Ciao.

Dahveed, you just proved my point! You are awesome!

Thank you!

-Ciao!!!

My iPhone's Microphone not working .

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.