Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Purchased apps missing from App STore

The "Purchased " page is blank on my iPad. I can view categories, updates, etc. but none of my 50+ apps show on the purchased scReen. The individual apps appear on the desktop and are operational, but the stor does not show them.

Many people are writing about this all over the internet but no one seems to have a solutuion. Seems problem just fixes itself after awhile. There are so many complaints I can't understand why Apple isn't proactively communicating about this problem/solution..

iPad (3rd gen) Wi-Fi

Posted on Aug 3, 2012 4:08 AM

17 replies

Aug 3, 2012 5:37 AM in response to Rudegar

Rudegar,

The issue is not sign-in: the apps are there, but the screen is blank so you can't see them. I can tap on different parts of the blank screen and get the (invisible) app's page to appear. Depending where I tap I get a different app that I've bought.

Problem started spontaneously yesterday morning on my ipad 1 and ipad 3.

If you don't have this issue, it is hard to grasp what those who do have it are experiencing. And the standard fixes don't work. I've tried them all.

Aug 3, 2012 9:29 AM in response to Bda0314

I am having exactly the same problem on both my ipad2 and ipad3. It happened simultaneously on both since yesterday after I updated the apps on them. The apps are definitely there but you just can't see them, just as Boece described above. I tried signing out using the button at the bottom of the same screen. I got 2 lines of display after signing out which looks like some kind of display attribute. I then tried signing in again from within the app, it gave me an error box saying cannot access iTunes store and nothing else. But after I closed the app and open it again, I was actually signed in! Still no display of the purchased apps though. I think someone at Apple may have pushed some incompatible scripts onto the sever side or something.

Aug 4, 2012 7:36 AM in response to Bda0314

It's going to be interesting to see if Apple responds to my query on this. I sent them a question about this very issue and I'm doubtful they'll reply to it.

1. Yes, the apps are still there but "invisible".

2. However, I'm noticing some apps which I purchased are *not* showing up like Bento...I had version 3 and I understand version 4 is out...but I can no longer download version 3. Is that normal? Shouldn't I be able to download apps I specifically purchased even if an update is out that essentially nullifies my previous licensed copy?

3. I took the precaution of using iTunes to get a snapshot of all my apps with purchased codes using my PC with iTunes installed. They all appear there but I did this for precaution measures to make sure I remember what I purchased. So Apple does have a record of my purchases.

Aug 4, 2012 11:00 AM in response to Dorothyfan1

Apple does state in the downloading of past purchases website, that if an app is no longer in the app store than you can't download it again and since once an app is updated, the older version is removed from the app store, meaning that you cannot download an older version of a paid app if you delete it. You can download the new version at no charge, but the older version is gone.

If you sync with iTunes then the older version of the app should still be available for you to sync back to your iPad from iTunes.

Aug 4, 2012 4:21 PM in response to Demo

I checked in the Purchases tab to see if Bento would be listed...but Bento is not showing up...even though I paid for version 3. Clearly I should be allowed to download the copy I purchased....but if you're saying I'm allowed to download the new version without charge...then this isn't happening to me because Bento is not showing up at all on the Purchases tab.

I don't know what vendors policy is for people who purchase "new" versions of software...for example...Bento 3 and after Bento 4 comes out...what happens if you paid for version 3 when version 4 comes out? I should be allowed to get the new version free of charge *unless* the vendor states you have to repurchase the item if they release a new version. This is the case I'm experiencing when I try looking for Bento on my iPad. BTW, I did not get the new update for Bento when version 4 came out. This was out before I experienced the whole "invisible" apps mystery on the Purchases tab two days ago.

Aug 4, 2012 5:10 PM in response to Dorothyfan1

You are allowed to download the newest version of the app if you paid for a previous version. I download purchased apps again all the time if I delete them from the iPad. I have done that about 10 times in the last few months.

Do a search in the iPad app store, go to the featured tab and type in Bento in the search field and then hit Search on the keyboard. The app should show up in another window. It should say "Install" next to the app icon. Or you can tap on the app icon and the app description page for Bento 4 for iPad should open up in the app store. It should say "Install" under the app icon on the description page. Tap on "Install" to download the newest version to your iPad.

Aug 5, 2012 9:07 AM in response to Demo

No...I wasn't. Instead I had to purchase Bento (version 4) to get it on my iPad. Apparently I only had version 1?! I can't understand why I wasn't given Bento updates for so long and only now did I see I had to purchase version 4. In any case, I decided to purchase this version to be sure the "invisible" app mystery was indeed gone. And so far so good.

Aug 5, 2012 9:28 AM in response to Dorothyfan1

When you stated this ....

"I can't understand why I wasn't given Bento updates for so long and only now did I see I had to purchase version 4."

It made me think that there might something more to this, so I started to look into it a little further.

If you actually had Bento for iPhone on the iPad which is still in the 1.2.1 version and you now purchased Bento 4 for the iPad - then you would be charged again. They actually are two separate apps and would have to be purchased separately. Are you sure that you weren't running the iPhone version?

You can see here that the iPad version is Bento 4 for iPad and the Bento App for the iPhone is still just called Bento.

User uploaded file

If this is the case in your situation - The only mystery then would be why you do not see Bento for the iPhone in your purchased apps list.

Purchased apps missing from App STore

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.