Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to download Amazon books purchased into iPad (instead of Kindle or using Kindle app in iPad)

How to download Amazon books purchased into iPad (instead of Kindle or using Kindle app in iPad)? I cannot sync iTunes and books purchased on Amazon.com are not downloading so that I can access them through iTunes to download on my iPad.

Kindle app also on my iPad workes fine.

iPad 2

Posted on Aug 3, 2012 10:38 AM

11 replies

Aug 3, 2012 10:50 AM in response to digtheisland

Sorry for confusing you.

I am trying to purchase the Amazon eBook and use the option to dowload directly into iPad which is registered w Amazon and is one of the options also. This is the part that does not work. The Kidnle app works fine and I can do that but I was trying to take a shortcut bc I don't need to download books to 2 loactions. I want to travel w only iPad rather than take a phone, an iPad, a laptop and a Kindle.

thanks.

Aug 3, 2012 10:55 AM in response to digtheisland

I guess I'm confused also — you want to download your eBook into iPad and then read it where? I can only think you must mean in Apple's iBook app, or some other reader than handles epub type stuff, instead of in the Kindle app on your iPad which you admit is there already and which works fine. That being the case, what's the objection to simply using it?

I also don't understand the comment about d/l books to 2 locations, or what traveling with the phone, iPad, laptop and Kindle have to do with your question.

Dec 4, 2013 9:33 AM in response to Kilgore-Trout

Maybe dibtheisland want's to do something similar to what I was looking for when I found this thread and that is a way to use only ONE app (iBooks) to view all digital books and not have to use the Kindle app at all. I would prefer to have ALL my digital books together in one app and not spread across different apps. I would prefer that app to be iBooks which is already on my iPhone, iPad and Mac Book Pro and already contains all my other eBooks. So, my question is it possible to download and view Amazon eBooks directly in my iBook application?

Dec 4, 2013 10:09 AM in response to Rod_V

Rod_V wrote:

Thank James, I have a couple of books that came in PDF form and I was able to import those into iBooks with no problem, I was hoping that possibly would be an option offered by Amazon's eBooks since so many people have iPads and iPhones. Guess I'll wait for the release on iTunes.

I use iBooks primarily, but also the Nook and Kindle apps. Some titles are occassionaly cheeper on one of those thatn on itunes, or not available on itunes at all. While I find iBooks a superior app, the others aren't bad.

Dec 4, 2013 10:17 AM in response to Kilgore-Trout

Thanks James, I don't want to use anything but iBooks if I can help it. I double checked iTunes Store and It turns out the book I was looking for today was there all along (and to your point 2 dollas more) so I am good for now, but the information I found on the other thread should help me in the future keep things exculsively to iBooks (although the software they recommended doesn't run on Mavericks right now, so I'll have to use one of my older macs when/if the need arises).

How to download Amazon books purchased into iPad (instead of Kindle or using Kindle app in iPad)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.