Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how do i use microsoft word on my ipad? i cannot use flash on it as well neither do i use it with projector for presentation.

how can i use microsoft office on my ipad? i can't also use flash to copy and transfer documents into it and neither could i use it with a projector for presentation.

iPad, iOS 5.1.1, ipad 3, 64G

Posted on Aug 6, 2012 2:55 AM

2 replies

Aug 6, 2012 2:59 AM in response to yenlat

You can't use MS Office on the iPad as Microsoft haven't made app versions of their programs (you can only use apps that are in the iTunes app store on your computer and the App Store app on the iPad), but there are apps that support word, excel and powerpoint documents. The options include Apple's Pages app for Word documents, Numbers for Excel spreadsheets and Keynote for Powerpoint. And from third-parties apps such as Documents To Go ('premium' version) and QuickOffice Pro HD.

As to how you then get the file to your chosen app will depend upon what the app supports - different apps will have different ways of copying their content to/from a computer e.g. via the file sharing section at the bottom of the device's apps tab when connected to your computer's iTunes, via wifi, email, dropbox etc

Aug 6, 2012 3:58 AM in response to yenlat

You will never be able to use flash natively with the iPad. Apple and Adobe are on a 'never will meet in the middle' level with that. There are browsers that you can download/buy from the app store that have limited flash abilities, but how good they are varies from one to one and they all generally seem to be buggy - work well here, no so well there.

i see Puffin, iSwiffer and Skyfire recommended a lot even though I've never used any of them.

as to hooking to a projector, I have no experience with that

how do i use microsoft word on my ipad? i cannot use flash on it as well neither do i use it with projector for presentation.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.