Newsroom Update

Beginning in May, a special Today at Apple series titled “Made for Business” will offer small business owners and entrepreneurs free opportunities to learn how Apple products and services can support their growth and success. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

i am a high school student and i am looking at buying an ipad, not for school though but i may decide to write some reports on it though.. i heard its better to buy a mac instead because eventually i will go to college,is it better to get a laptop instead

could i just buy keynot instead and use that on the ipad?

Posted on Aug 7, 2012 8:29 AM

2 replies

Aug 7, 2012 9:17 AM in response to ldelpca

Good choice on your decision to go into college after High School. The advantage the Mac would have is that you more easily enter and manipulate data. Writing papers etc. would be much easier on a Mac than on an iPad or other mobile device. On the other hand if you want to read class notes or pdf's, the iPad would be convenient. You could read your texts without having to haul a bunch of books around like I did when at University a long time ago 😉

Aug 7, 2012 10:04 AM in response to Bonesaw1962

Buy a cheap Windows laptop and an iPad. This will roughly equal the cost of an entry level Mac Air. Leave the notebook in your room for the heavy lifting and take the iPad to class and the library, pub, or wherever you hang out to study/socialize. You can start the papers and do rough drafts on the iPad and finish them off on the laptop.

i am a high school student and i am looking at buying an ipad, not for school though but i may decide to write some reports on it though.. i heard its better to buy a mac instead because eventually i will go to college,is it better to get a laptop instead

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.