Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Iphone shuts off randomly with camera and sound

My iphone shuts off when ever i try to take a picture and or when i get a notification that blinks the flash or speakers. The odd thing is it only does it when its unplugged from the charger. If it's plugged in , everything is fine. I have already replaced the battery but still does it.

I have ruled out the software as its been restored and DFU restored numerous times and on differnet computers and my phone is way out of warrenty plus i have replaced my screen myself due to it being out of warrenty

Does anyone have any advice on troubleshooting hardware? I am knowledgable in repair and modfication of electronics, can solder and use a multimeter/volt meter.

Thanks

Josh

iPhone 4, iOS 5.1.1, hardware issue

Posted on Aug 13, 2012 9:22 AM

2 replies

Aug 13, 2012 9:33 AM in response to infamousxx

infamousxx wrote:

...I have already replaced the battery but still does it....

Does anyone have any advice on troubleshooting hardware? I am knowledgable in repair and modfication of electronics, can solder and use a multimeter/volt meter.

Try having a look at iFixit.com. The iPhone is not considered user servicable. There is no such thing as a legitimate source for parts for an iPhone. Apple does not sell parts. The only possible sources are:

1. Salvaged from broken/discarded/stolen phones.

2. Fakes

3. Defective castoff parts stolen from one of Apple's suppliers.

Iphone shuts off randomly with camera and sound

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.