Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

idisk still trying to sync daily, how do I delete sync

Since upgrading to Mountain Lion, the iDisk - which no longer exists - still tries to sync daily using the schedule I had setup when using MobileMe. Each day I get the same error message that it can't perform the sync. I understand that but I can't figure out how to delete the sync settings.

MobileMe is not present in System Preferences, so I can't delete the daily sync there. Nothing in iCloud has a way to delete the old MobileMe sync. How do I delete this sync so the sync error doesn't appear everyday?

The iDisk icon does not appear in Finder so I can't make any changes directly to iDisk. If I try to login to my MobileMe account, which I know is now my iCloud account, it automatically sends me to iCloud. I can't find anyway to delete the sync in iCloud.

Thank you.

Sheri

iMac, OS X Mountain Lion

Posted on Aug 15, 2012 12:56 PM

9 replies

Aug 15, 2012 3:02 PM in response to srlanza

Go to (user)/Library/Preferences/ByHost and delete all .plist files beginning with com.apple.DotMac and com.apple.idisk, then reboot.

Note that Apple have hidden the user’s Library folder to casual viewers, in an attempt to stop new Mac users screwing their machines up. To access it, in the Finder go to the ‘Go’ menu and hold down the Option (Alt) key; the Library folder will appear as a choice.

Aug 15, 2012 3:12 PM in response to Roger Wilmut1

I already tried that, as I saw your reply to a similar question awhile back. But that was before Mountian Lion. There aren't any com.apple.DotMac files in that folder. I also searched the whole iMac and there aren't any file like that anywhere.

I've also already deleted the com.apple.idisk file.

I set up my system so that the Library folder wasn't hidden when Lion was released.

Any other suggestions?

Thanks.

Sheri

Nov 26, 2012 9:08 AM in response to srlanza

I have the same problem als srlanza!

After I bought an SSD for my MacBook Pro, I did a clean install of MacOS X 10.8 and updated the OS to 10.8.2.

Only the documents I placed back in My Document folder.

Today suddenly I received again a few times this strange ERROR screen:

There was a problem with the connection to the server 'idisk.mac.com'.

I still don't know where this message is coming from? I check the both Libraries (system and User). Even the given solution to look in the ByHost folder to look for .plist files beginning with com.apple.DotMac and com.apple.idisk! I couldn't find these files. I hope that somebody could solve this problem!

Nov 26, 2012 9:54 AM in response to rickel

I'm afraid I have no further idea. You don't have a MobileMe prefs pane in 10.8, and if you can't find any of the prefs files then all I can suggest is that you contact Support.

If you currently happen to have AppleCare, either because you recently bought Apple hardware or have paid to extend the inititial period, you can contact them here:

http://www.apple.com/support/icloud/contact/

You will need the serial number of the covered hardware.

If you are not covered by AppleCare, then - in common with other free email services - there is no free support (MobileMe Support is no longer available) and you will probably be asked to pay a fee.

idisk still trying to sync daily, how do I delete sync

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.