Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

can location services be used to locate a lost or stolen ipod?

iPod touch

Posted on Aug 16, 2012 4:59 AM

2 replies

Aug 16, 2012 5:18 AM in response to russfromohio

Shoaiballi you are dead wrong

From the Users Guide:

Find My iPod

Find My iPod helps you locate your iPod touch using the free Find My iPhone app on

another iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch, or using a Mac or PC with a web browser signed in to

www.icloud.com or www.me.com. Find My iPod includes:

ÂÂLocate iPod touch on a map: View the approximate location of your iPod touch on a

full-screen map.

ÂÂDisplay a Message or Play a Sound: Lets you compose a message that will appear on your iPod touch screen, or play a sound at full volume for two minutes.

ÂÂRemote Passcode Lock: Lets you remotely lock your iPod touch and create a 4-digit passcode, if you haven’t set one previously.

ÂÂRemote Wipe: Lets you protect your privacy by erasing all media and data on iPod touch, restoring it to factory settings.

Important: Find My iPod must be turned on in either iCloud or MobileMe settings on your iPod touch. Find My iPod can be turned on only in one account.

Turn on Find My iPod using iCloud

Go to Settings > iCloud and turn on Find My iPod.

Turn on Find My iPod using MobileMe

Go to Settings > Mail, Contacts, Calendars, tap your MobileMe account,

then turn on Find My iPod.

Find My iPod uses Wi-Fi to locate your iPod touch. If Wi-Fi is turned off or if your iPod touch isn’t connected to a Wi-Fi network, Find My iPod can’t find it.

See “iCloud” on page 16 or “Setting up mail and other accounts” on page 15.

The only downside is that the wifi has to be on and connected

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.