Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Kindle app has no tab for kindle store

Hi! I am new to Ipad and just purchased an ipad3. I have been using amazon kindle for years on my android phone. I downloaded the kindle app to my iPad and registered it to amazon. Last nite I went into the app to order a book. There is no tab for the kindle store so I downloaded the amazon app. The amazon app doesn't have a sample of the book to down load and no tab to download the book to my iPad. . Also the free books say this mobile devise is not supported. What does that mean? I'm very confused. Can someone explain it please. Thank you.

iPad

Posted on Aug 16, 2012 5:36 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 16, 2012 5:39 AM

Purchases will need to be made by accessing the site in a browser. There is no in app purchasing. However, once you have made a purchase, it can easily be downloaded in the app, and it does show ypu all of your library. Also, you will need to authorize your iPad on the website as well.

3 replies

Aug 16, 2012 5:41 AM in response to Soldiermama

You can buy kindle books via a browser, either on the iPad (e.g. Safari) or on your computer - you used to be able to buy books from within the Kindle app itself but that was removed months ago (due to Apple wanting to count them as 'in-app purchases'). Your purchases should then show in the Cloud tab in the app, from where you can then download into the app's Devices tab

Kindle app has no tab for kindle store

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.