Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can I update my IPAD iOS to 5 using a friends macbook without fear of downloading all of his files/music etc?

Can I update my IPAD ios to 5 using my friends macbook without fear of getting all of her files downloaded to my IPAD or the other way around?

iPad, iOS 5.0.1

Posted on Aug 17, 2012 10:00 AM

3 replies

Aug 17, 2012 11:13 AM in response to mando1

With all due respect to those who have posted before me - If I was updating on a friends Mac - I would also turn off auto sync just to be as safe as you can be in this situation. It would also be the very first thing that I would do,

Launch iTunes and then go to iTunes >Preferences>Devices>check the box that says ...Prevent iPods, iPhones and iPads from syncing automatically at the bottom of that window.

And by all means, as Chris stated above - do NOT click on sync at any time during the process.

Can I update my IPAD iOS to 5 using a friends macbook without fear of downloading all of his files/music etc?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.