Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Fine/thin tip iPad stylus/pen?

Hi! i will be using my iPad3 for school this year and i need a stylus to use apps like notability, innotation ect...to take notes "by hand" i cant find any fine/thin tip ipad stylus... theyre all big! i cant write with a big tip! so i need a fine one... but i cant find any?? I tried DIY but they dont work for me:/ (preferably stores that i can find them in canada)

Thanks a bunch!!!

iPad 2

Posted on Aug 24, 2012 3:22 PM

23 replies

Oct 22, 2012 3:41 PM in response to Deborah

You can also consider Bamboo Stylus by Wacom

it is an amazing one with fine tip.

Very well designed and manufactured and extremely balanced

However, you'll need gloves my dear ..

from my experience, you cannot write on iPad or sketch comfortably without your hand touching the screen here and there and give you "smudges" or at least the iPad will assume multi-touching and behave unwantedly ...

find a non-conductive glove to wear in your writing hand, and keep the other hand bare to use it for pinching/swiping ... etc

good luck

Jan 13, 2013 5:43 PM in response to Deborah

I agree with marwanezzat about Bamboo Stylus. According to their product description, their stylus is 25% thinner than their competitors. For the price I found it to be pretty decently price (little under $30) although that is relative from person to person. If that is pricy then another quality stylus pen is by amPen. Their stylus is little under $10. Both make writing, drawing, and navigating smoother and easier. Which ever one fits your budget is the one you should get.

If you still need help deciding you can read more about these styluses for the iPad.

http://supremeskins.com/top-3-ipad-styluses/

Mar 5, 2013 11:24 AM in response to Deborah

Hi Deborah. I am replying to your email using Notes Plus and the Bamboo stylus from Wacom. (Buy at Amazon).

I am a business consultant and I have to write copious notes during my interviews and meetings. I suppose I

could use a keyboard but I find keyboards to be very awkward during the interview process.

After spending many days researching the problem, I finally settled on the Bamboo stylus by Wacom because of its smaller tip and nice pen-like feel and the fact that one can buy additional tips : hard or soft depending preferences. It's a little expensive ( about 29$) but it's well worth the expense.

Now, after the stylus, one must select the ideal software. I settled on Notes Plus because it had the best recognition

on the market and allowed me to write in French or English. Notes Plus is a batch recognizer, meaning that you can write entire pages in cursive and then convert them and correct them when you have the time. I find this approach preferable to the instant recognition because the latter method is usually very slow and inaccurate.

Finally, like with all tools. it takes a bit of practice. The stylus, is just like another pen and, if you have ever tried calligraphy, You know that your script can change drastically depending on your pen or even paper texture.

You must spend some time practicing. After having written a couple of pages you will notice a remarkable improvement and the fact that you are getting used to it.

Good luck

Bill

May 25, 2013 11:02 PM in response to Deborah

Hi Deborah,

In response to your main question, I'd say that because of the way the iPad or iPhone screens are designed (that is, for interaction with a human finger), a thinner tip won't necessarily make it write thinner. I've seen a clip on Youtube which tested a bunch on stylus pens of different sizes and the results were almost identical anyway. I hope you find the pen you're looking for though.

I live in Australia so i can't really help in terms of Canadian stores, but the best Aussie ipad stylus pen site i know is called The Stylus Stall at http://www.thestylusstall.com.au

Oct 1, 2013 10:13 PM in response to Deborah

The iPen is really great! the iPen 2 is on pre-order right now. The design for it looks amazing. The iPen is usable on the iMac with two magnetic recievers located at the top corners. The iPad also requires a reciever in the form of a case. Here's a link to their website and a video explaining the pen. it is by far the most accurate and intuitive design for a sylus I've seen.

http://www.cregle.com/pages/pressure-sensitive-stylus-for-your-imac-and-ipad

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i0hrpNlizW0

Hope this helped!

Fine/thin tip iPad stylus/pen?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.