Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

every time I launch airport utility i says theres a new update to 5.6.1 so i click update and there is no update. Do i need to reset or restore my time machine? if so will I loose all my files?

the problem is that i launch the airport utility and it always says there is an update to 5.6.1, i click update and it launches the app store and tere are no updates available. i'm wondering if i need to reset or resetup my router but am afraisd if i do that i will loose all the files on my hard drive. I think this also may be related to why i am unable to use the remote app on my ipad or iphone for my apple tv (2nd gen) any input would be bvery helpful. i am now running mountain lion for my OSX

OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.1), may be effecting my apple tv

Posted on Aug 27, 2012 11:11 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 27, 2012 1:59 PM

You must have upgraded to ML.. 5.6 airport utility is not actually ML compatible.. it will work but cannot be loaded as Apple ceased support at Lion. Hence why there are no upgrades.. you should not be using it at all. You are supposed to use toyland v6.1 included in ML.

I would certainly just ignore it.. having 5.6 is a great advantage .. it is a tool.. ML version is a toy.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 27, 2012 1:59 PM in response to Bench423

You must have upgraded to ML.. 5.6 airport utility is not actually ML compatible.. it will work but cannot be loaded as Apple ceased support at Lion. Hence why there are no upgrades.. you should not be using it at all. You are supposed to use toyland v6.1 included in ML.

I would certainly just ignore it.. having 5.6 is a great advantage .. it is a tool.. ML version is a toy.

every time I launch airport utility i says theres a new update to 5.6.1 so i click update and there is no update. Do i need to reset or restore my time machine? if so will I loose all my files?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.