Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Price matching with Amazon

Dion Scoppettuolo Aperture 3 iBook = 43.99

Kindle App = $19.80

Love Apple but I just had 2 spinal fusion surgeries and & is tight.

Does Apple/iBooks match.

Bad enough they don't have a Mac OS X iBook client like Amazon, but $19.80 is a lot less.

Who does one speak to?

iPad 2, iOS 5.1.1, Apple developer running iOS6 Beta

Posted on Aug 30, 2012 7:49 PM

4 replies

Aug 31, 2012 3:01 PM in response to williamnobleme

Bad enough they don't have a Mac OS X iBook client like Amazon, but $19.80 is a lot less.

Who does one speak to?

Why would you want to speak to someone? The answer is quite clear. Simply make your purchases at the store that has the best price, availability, and convenience.

In fact, if you are using a Mac, you don't really have a choice. Apple iBooks are only for iOS devices, and cannot be used on a Mac. Kindle books can be used on a Mac by means of the Kindle app.

Aug 31, 2012 3:14 PM in response to TooDarkPark

I know they don't on hardware, Im a dev I know how it it works ...but a book that is twice as much on iBooks vs Kindle seems odd given it is a book about an Apple Program (Aperture) and given the whole book anti-trust fun going on as well.

I get we have options and I accept that for now iBooks has no Mac client, but I prefer to read in iBooks as the layout is very clear. I have many books in my Kindle app library that are just a mess. They were horrible transfers with typos and all.

It's why I prefer iBooks.

My question is who does one talk to about it or at least point it out to?

$5 here and there there is life....double is another thing :-)

Cheers

-wsn

Price matching with Amazon

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.