Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Dropped my phone in water and touch screen wont work!!!!!!!

I dropped my phone in water at the beach for 5 seconds and then i took it out. It didnt turn off. Instead it said "NO SIM CARD" so I wrapped it in paper towels and took out the sim card and it was still working but my speaker werent so after 2hrs i went home i turned it off and put it in rice. The next morning my phone turned on with out me touching it and everything was working, but then the touch screen stopped working, I cant turn my phone off or slide it open or anything. What should i do? Is this problem fixable? and if so how can i fix it?!?!?!?!?! 😢 PLEASE HELP ME 😟

iPhone 4, iOS 5, Glitching

Posted on Aug 31, 2012 8:11 AM

1 reply

Aug 31, 2012 8:27 AM in response to Sara58

Leaving it in rice only overnight usually isn't sufficient to dry out an iPhone. It usually takes at least a couple of days before you can risk turning the iPhone back on. And with seawater infiltration, drying it out probably won't help since seawater will leave a lot of residue.

If resetting the iPhone doesn't bring the screen back:

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1430

then the iPhone probably has suffered hardware damage and you'll need to take or send it to Apple and pay their out-of-warranty replacement charge, or the AppleCare+ fee if you had AppleCare+ coverage.

Regards.

Message was edited by: varjak paw

Dropped my phone in water and touch screen wont work!!!!!!!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.