Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPad Photo import App development Help

I recently used my new Ipad 3 on holidays for daily uploading from my camera (and my partners camera) into the ipad for initial viewing and screening. This was not as useful as I thought it would be. There were a number of issues which i was surprised to find.

1. When importing, it either just put the pics in a folder called last import or, simply added to one large library, there does not seem to be any filtering about where to direct uploads from the camera or sd card. A feature that allowed me to filter into different folders based on meta data such as camera model, or serial number if there were 2 cameras of the same model or other combinations of metadate would have been good. This would have allowed me to easily differentiate my photos from other imports.

2 There seemed to be no auto rotate option or simple rotate tool to allign images for easier viewing, the Ipad seemed to rotate images based on Ipad alignment and images were dispalyed as taken by the camera.

3 some other simple (non destructive) editing tools would also have been useful, e.g crop, exposure compensation.

I know that Iphoto has all the tools to sort and sync photos, but this comes later and not whilst one is in the field or simply away from home base.

I have looked around for an app to do this but it seems there is nothing out there to do what I want, especially the sorting on import feature into the ipad. Therefore I am considering having a go at building an app myself.

Does anyone have some pointers about how to go about this or better still, is there a App kit resource already developed that could be tweaked to my requirements. Especially the first import function. There are a couple of photo kits on the app ios development site, but these don't appear to be what I need.

Any help, greatly appreciated.

Mac Pro, OS X Mountain Lion

Posted on Aug 31, 2012 5:07 PM

There are no replies.

iPad Photo import App development Help

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.