Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My phone got wet and wont turn on. Is there anyway to get it repaired and get the pictures off of it?

What options do I have to save my phone?

Posted on Sep 3, 2012 4:55 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 3, 2012 5:05 PM

Well, since you tried to turn it on while wet the chances of recovering anything have just been reduced. But try putting it in a plastic bag with uncooked rice for several days to draw the moisture out of it. You may then be able to restore it or turn it on. If you've been syncing regularly, backing up to your computer or iCloud, or have enabled Photo Stream your pictures are safe. If you have done none of these things they are lost unless the phone recovers after drying out.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 3, 2012 5:05 PM in response to Efizmo

Well, since you tried to turn it on while wet the chances of recovering anything have just been reduced. But try putting it in a plastic bag with uncooked rice for several days to draw the moisture out of it. You may then be able to restore it or turn it on. If you've been syncing regularly, backing up to your computer or iCloud, or have enabled Photo Stream your pictures are safe. If you have done none of these things they are lost unless the phone recovers after drying out.

My phone got wet and wont turn on. Is there anyway to get it repaired and get the pictures off of it?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.