Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My purchased ringtones are not showing up on my iTunes account?! Where are they??

The screen on my laptop has an internal crack so im using my mom's laptop for now. When I connected my iPhone to the computer, I couldn't do anything without syncing my phone which meant everything got erased! I wasn't too upset because I backed up everything on iCloud. Well for some reason, it didn't back up anything and I lost all my media. No biggie. I added most of the songs and apps back. I tried to add the ringtones I've purchased from iTunes but they're not showing up under the "purchased" section of my iTunes account. I don't know why they're not showing up. It's at least 20 ringtones that I've purchased at $1.29 each! Please help!!

iPhone 4S, iOS 5.1.1

Posted on Sep 6, 2012 8:59 PM

20 replies

Nov 15, 2012 3:05 PM in response to MissBrell88

I purchased three ringtones on my iPhone 5. They installed quickly and I was easily able to assign them to contacts. The next time I connected my iPhone to iTunes on my computer the ringtones disappeared from my iPhone. They were still showing in iTunes ringtones section on my computer. They showed up on my iTunes accounts page as being purchased too. I tried everything suggested on the forums to get my purchased ringtones to show on my phone again, with no success.

I started trying different things out of desperation and finally lucked upon a solution. I opened iTunes on my computer. Under the Library section I opened Tones (left side of screen same section as music, movies, etc.). When the tones section opened it showed my three ringtones. I dragged the three ringtones to the desktop. I then deleted the three ringtones from the tones menu. It asked if I wanted to delete them from iTunes completely or just from the tones section. I chose to delete them from the tones section only. Once they were deleted From the tones section i went back to the desktop and dragged the three ringtones from the desktop back to the tones section. The computer automatically synced to my phone and VIOLA! the three ringtones appeared on my iPhone again.

Extra suggestion. I have been using an app from the iTunes Store named Ringtone Maker Pro. It takes songs from my iTunes library and converts them to ringtones. It does a great job. There is a video attached that shows exactly what to do step by step.

Hope this helps.

Mar 10, 2013 12:14 PM in response to ckuan

I have the same issue, just got off the phone with apple support. The girl I talked to said there is now way to back up purchased ringtones. . OK, so let me get this straight, you purchase something, your device needs to be restored (their issue if something needs to be restored) but something you paid for cannot be re-loaded??? ok, ***? I found the ringtone I purchased origonally, and itunes recognizes that I've already purchased it once before, so, WHERE IS IT IN MY "PURCHASED ITEMS"!!??

BTW, where is the "settings" button? I tried looking for it after reading prev posts. I opened itunes, clicked on phone, couldn't find the settings icon

This is very frustraiting, and if itunes support is correct, and there is now way to get purchased items back on device, than its the biggest gyp on the market today & a class action suite needs to ensue

Apr 22, 2013 2:23 AM in response to MissBrell88

Since I've gotten a new computer, I've transferred my purchases to the new computer but my ringtones were not showing up that I had purchased. A tech contacted me via email & informed me that she went in manually and restored my ringtones to my itunes account so my problem was solved... However, I checked my itunes account recently and ONCE AGAIN, the ringtones had been removed from my account. I'm sure that they don't expire... I don't know what's going on so I just create my ringtones from now on...

May 14, 2013 6:41 AM in response to MissBrell88

This is complete ad utter bull crap! I am currently have the same problem and its just not right. Wish apple would do something to fix this problem or give the money I've spent on ringtons that I do not have anymore cuz I synced with my new computer. I have also done every trick everyone says to do to get it back an nothing.. The ringtones are even under my history. Idk just very upset with this poor service!!

Jun 8, 2013 1:04 PM in response to MissBrell88

I had the same issue with my ringtones, there were not showing up on my iphone or in the purchased section on itunes. I figured out the problem, after connecting my iphone to my computer to download music from my computer to my iphone I synced my phone to my computer not knowing it would delete my ringtones from my ringtone list under sounds. Not sure as to why this happens but I did find a solution to getting your ringtones back under your ringtones list. Open itunes up on your computer, In your library go to tones and make sure your purchased tones are in your library. Once you checked your tones go to the iphone button in itunes and find tones, check the sync tones box, check the selected tones and after that select your purchased ringtones you want to sync on your phone and press sync. It works

Jul 16, 2013 7:47 PM in response to shangurl

I did all this, opened itunes, went to tones and didn't find anything. I purchased 30+ ringtones in 2011 when I receved my iphone4s. Before I purchased my iphone5, I synced my phone to my computer and they all transferred. when I synced everything back to my new phone, all ringtones were missing. Not only is this frustrating, but I have serious doubts as to how a company like Amazon will list every song I purchased over the past several years, but itunes store can't list 1 ringtone.

My purchased ringtones are not showing up on my iTunes account?! Where are they??

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.