Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My iPhone 4s is overheating and is draining its complete battery within 4 hours. I have tried re booting the phone. And made sure all apps are closed

My iPhone 4s is overheating and is draining its complete battery within 4 hours. I have tried re booting the phone. And made sure all apps are closed

Posted on Sep 7, 2012 12:12 AM

2 replies

Sep 7, 2012 12:28 AM in response to Ingo2711

Reset the iPhone by pressing and holding the sleep/wake and home buttons and releasing them, when the Apple logo appears on the display. This is normally sufficient.

Before you restore if neccessary, make sure that your battery is not swollen. This is a rare thing to happen, but you dont want to charge a swollen battery.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.