Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I save files from iPad to Dropbox without connecting to computer?

I understand how to move files from iPad to a computer using email or ITunes. I would like to be able to save a word processing file directly from my iPad wirelessly to my Dropbox folder. I have tried several apps without success, including Pages Copy to WebDav (I get an error even though I think I have entered the user name and password right; is there a special way to designate the server address). Anyway is there a method or an app that will allow me to save a Word or text file from Ipad to Dropbox. Thanks for your help.

Posted on Sep 9, 2012 7:23 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 9, 2012 7:31 AM

I use Quickoffice Pro to drag files from one cloud to another. Quickoffice can also open/edit/save MS Office files.

http://i1224.photobucket.com/albums/ee374/Diavonex/cbc9c4aa6dd85d9895da3bd3df4d3 93e.jpg

7 replies

Sep 9, 2012 1:06 PM in response to RHD

I assume that you have Pages and the DropBox app on the iPad ... so do this and it will work.

From Pages - email the file to yourself. Tap the Wrench icon and select Share and Print - and then select Email Document. Select the file type from the pop up window - then email the document.

Go to the mail app - open the email - tap and hold down on the document icon - select Open in - Open in DropBox.

How do I save files from iPad to Dropbox without connecting to computer?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.