Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Announcement

Introducing the iPad Pro with Apple M4 chip, the redesigned iPad Air in two sizes, and the all‑new Apple Pencil Pro. Watch the event >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I can no longer find my app store app on my iPad 2

Is there a way I can get the app store back on my ipad?

Thanks Paul

Posted on Sep 11, 2012 9:16 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 11, 2012 9:18 PM

Settings/General/Restrictions

20 replies

Sep 11, 2012 9:25 PM in response to Chrysalie

Hi Chrysalie,

You can't delete the App Store app from your iPad, so it's there somewhere. Check all of your home screens by swiping to the left to make sure you didn't move it to another screen. Also, if you have any apps with multiple apps within them (like Game Center), check to make sure it didn't get moved into there.

You can also do a spotlight search to access it, but that won't show you where it has gotten off to....

But if you want to do a spotlight search, from the first home screen swipe to the right, and then type App in the search bar. It should list the App store app below the search bar, and you can access it from there.

Hope this helps!

Cheers,

GB

Sep 12, 2012 8:44 AM in response to Chrysalie

Hi Paul,

Since there is no Utiilities folder that comes with the iPad, it sounds like you may have created one? When you say it "shows up" in Utilities, are you talking about a folder/app called Utilities, and when you click on it, it shows your App Store app along with others?

If so, then all you need to do it to press and hold the Utilities icon until it wiggles, then touch the small icons lightly - a bar will appear below that folder showing all the apps wiggling. Touch the App icon and move it out of the folder back onto your home screen.

Hope this helps!

Cheers,

GB

Nov 9, 2012 7:19 PM in response to Demo

Thanks for the hint.

BUT it must be the current apple update, as it did not behave that way. I just realized it today and it is always available even I have always having that Restriction ON since I bought My original iPad last Jan.

So on order to be able to see updates, install, apps, etc you need to sacrifice the rest of restriction options? On top of that when you turn off the restriction in order to update your current apps, you need to re-do all your other settings, like the rating for movies, apps, tv shows, etc

So let me scream so the Apple developers might take notice: THAT IS THE STUPIDEST THING THAT I HAVE KNOWN!!!!!

I can no longer find my app store app on my iPad 2

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.