Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

The new lightning adapter says video and iPod out not supported. Then what is supported?

Just wondering. If video and iPod out aren't supported. What is?

Posted on Sep 12, 2012 3:50 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 12, 2012 3:56 PM

One example of a supported item is probably a 30-pin connector that goes to an auto power supply. So you could, for example, use an older cable that went from a car cigarette lighter receptacle to a 30-pin connector, and plug the 30-pin connector to the lightning cable, and then to a new iPhone or iPod.

9 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 12, 2012 3:56 PM in response to iPhone_Ash

One example of a supported item is probably a 30-pin connector that goes to an auto power supply. So you could, for example, use an older cable that went from a car cigarette lighter receptacle to a 30-pin connector, and plug the 30-pin connector to the lightning cable, and then to a new iPhone or iPod.

Sep 13, 2012 12:50 PM in response to sberman

Yea, but is it going to play the music from the iphone with the adapter if its on a 30-pin dock thats analouge? Or does it just have to be digital? In a car it plays digital so the connector would work to play the audio, but what about on an analouge dock? Yes, iPod out isnt supported so you would have to use the iPhone as the controls instead of the unit that its docked to, but will it play the audio on everything you stick that adapter to? No one knows yet. Which brings up the question, why would apple make the adapter if it didnt play the audio on whatever you plug that adapter into if it wasnt going ot work? In the presentation they say "It works like you expect it to work." That to me says, if i plug in my adapter to my alarm clock that has a 30-pin dock on it, then it will continure to play my music like it always has. Right?😕

Sep 13, 2012 1:05 PM in response to sberman

Thanks! I read that already too. Basically its going to be hit or miss. Some may work, some may not. UGH! Also, this link below shows the phone being connected to a car and they say "It will work as you would expect it to work." That tells me that it should work when plug that adapter into my dock and boom its going to play my music. Could care less about where the control function takes place. I just want it to play as Im sure millions of other people do! But no one can confirm that.

http://reviews.cnet.com/home-entertainment/apple-lightning-to-30/4505-6449_7-354 46298.html

The new lightning adapter says video and iPod out not supported. Then what is supported?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.