Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Replacement Remote Control - Apple TV wireless network unresponsive

My original Apple TV (Gen 2) remote no longer works, so I have been using the Remote App on the iPhone to control my Apple TV. I recently had to set up a new wireless network (AirPort) in my home, and now my Apple TV is "stuck" on the old wireless network. My iPhone Remote App can no longer control the Apple TV because the iPhone is on the new wireless network. I have read in forums that I need a standard Apple TV remote control to regain control of my Apple TV. How can I get a replacement Apple TV (Gen 2) remote control?

I've looked in the Apple shop and other website, but cannot find just the remote control. If I could just get my Apple TV on the new wireless network I could control it with my iPhone Remote App. Is this possible?

Any help would be great. Thanks!

AppleTV 2, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Sep 12, 2012 6:26 PM

2 replies

Sep 12, 2012 7:05 PM in response to funky68

I just got through to the Apple support hotline and was able to order a new Apple TV remote controller for $19. Using an actual Apple TV remote controller is the only way to perform a factory reset on your Apple TV. The Remote App will not work if your Appla TV and iPhone are on different wireless networks. Hope this helps.

Replacement Remote Control - Apple TV wireless network unresponsive

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.