Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how to recover deleted notes from iphone

How can I recover deleted notes from my iphone 4s. They were showing as dupilcates so I deleted one of them then both the original and the duplicate were deleted. How can I get them back.

iPhone 4S

Posted on Sep 13, 2012 6:54 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 24, 2012 5:29 AM

Try restoring them from a previous iTunes backup maybe. Or follow these directions:

How to recover notes from iPhone?

15 replies

Jan 16, 2014 5:05 AM in response to IdrisSeabright

Meg St._Clair wrote:

Note: the linked page is not simply a guide for recovering notes. It's a page to download software. The software maybe harmless. However, the page is appears to be a Wordpress blog, not that of the software developer. Proceed with caution. I would recommend downloading the iPhone Data Recovery mentioned directly from the developers' sites.

If you synced your phone while these notes were still on it and you haven't synced again since they were deleted, you may be able to recover them by restoring your phone to your last backup (the backup includes notes). This will revert your settings and data to those contained in the backup (not just notes) so be sure to save any more recent data prior to restoring). To do this to recover deleted notes on iPhone:

Without connecting your phone, open iTunes on your computer and go to Preferences, on the Devices tab check "Prevent...from syncing automatically".

Connect your phone to your computer, right-click on the name of your phone when it appears in iTunes on the left sidebar and select Restore from Backup, choose your most recent backup to restore from.

When this finishes you can go back to iTunes>Prerferences>Devices and re-enable automatic syncing.

<Link Edited By Host>

Mar 24, 2014 7:07 PM in response to IdrisSeabright

Meg St._Clair wrote:

Note: the linked page is not simply a guide for how to recover deleted notes on iPhone. It's a page to download software. The software maybe harmless. However, the page is appears to be a Wordpress blog, not that of the software developer. Proceed with caution. I would recommend downloading the software mentioned directly from the developers' sites.

This will revert your settings and data to those contained in the backup (not just notes) so be sure to save any more recent data prior to restoring). To do this to recover deleted notes on iPhone:

Without connecting your phone, open iTunes on your computer and go to Preferences, on the Devices tab check "Prevent...from syncing automatically".

This information really helps me a lot!

Apr 2, 2014 10:41 AM in response to dbell47

I'm one of the other iPhone user who has just lost my notes while synching with outlook. As it was not backup to iTunes many months ago and not stored in iCloud, can I restore my notes? I have tried many applications for data recovery such as wondershare and etc but all cost a hefty price. I've also tried Easeus but it didn't really help.

Can anyone help suggest a way to recover my notes without using any of this paid data recovery applications? Also why did Apple developed this application where an empty folder would override files in your iPhone? Can they ensure that if it's an empty folder, it will prompt the user that data will be wiped out with the usual "OK" or "Cancel" button.

To think of Apple being a software wizard, this process is not even thought of and many users are being constantly caught with this issue. Can Apple make iOS more for humans?

Jun 29, 2014 8:48 AM in response to skyicecool

skyicecool wrote:

I'm one of the other iPhone user who has just lost my notes while synching with outlook. As it was not backup to iTunes many months ago and not stored in iCloud, can I restore my notes? I have tried many applications for data recovery such as wondershare and etc but all cost a hefty price. I've also tried Easeus but it didn't really help.

Can anyone help suggest a way to recover my notes without using any of this paid data recovery applications? Also why did Apple developed this application where an empty folder would override files in your iPhone? Can they ensure that if it's an empty folder, it will prompt the user that data will be wiped out with the usual "OK" or "Cancel" button.

To think of Apple being a software wizard, this process is not even thought of and many users are being constantly caught with this issue. Can Apple make iOS more for humans?

Did you ever find the answer to this? I am facing the same problem for my client who accidently wiped out his iPhone 4S' Notes due to Exchange account's cloud deletion (DOH!). He does have backups, but we don't want to restore everything! Just Notes!

Jul 11, 2014 6:29 PM in response to Kerryko

Kerryko wrote:

To your situation, you can use iPhone backup extractor or Dr.fone to extract your iTunes backup file or iCloud backup file. Then only choose the notes to recover. If you want an freeware, you can try iskysoft free iphone data recovery. it allows you to recover 10 notes free with the free version.

Thanks. Is there a way to put them back into iPhone?

Oct 17, 2015 6:31 AM in response to dbell47

With iphone 6+ I found "recently deleted notes" among the list of notes that one gets to by: clicking the left arrow(<On My iPhone) in the upper left corner of any open note. This takes you to "On My iPhone" list. From there, click on same left arrow again. This takes you to "Folders" where you should find a folder called "recently deleted notes", which will open when you click it. Once open, you can click on rectangle with arrow in it to move the open note to a new folder or email it to yourself.

Dec 12, 2015 3:17 PM in response to dbell47

on my iPhone 6, this worked for me

if your note isn't deleted permanently and you can still view it in the "recently deleted" section of "notes", you can recover it by tapping three times on the screen. a dialogue box should prompt you saying "you can't edit this file, you must recover it first", then it will give you an option to recover.

tap three times on the screen

Sep 19, 2016 8:17 PM in response to dbell47

In case anyone is still searching and finds this thread - all my notes were saved through gmail. In order to find out where the phone's saving the notes to, click on the back arrow in the Notes section (when you can see a list of all your notes), and you can see which account other notes have been saved. I went to that gmail account, and found the most recent version in the deleted folder. I removed the "deleted" tag, and there it was again.

how to recover deleted notes from iphone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.