Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

upgrading from iphone 3g to iphone 5

I contacted my local provider, but they weren't of any real assistance. I need to know if there are any (or potentially might be any) issues with upgrading my iPhone 3g to the newer iPhone 5?

Specifically, I want to ensure that all of my data - contacts, text messages, application data, etc is correctly and fully ported over.

From my understanding, as long as I connect the new device to iTunes, it should do its thing and port over all of that data.

Thanks for your insights.

Windows 7

Posted on Sep 17, 2012 2:44 PM

18 replies

Oct 1, 2012 2:32 AM in response to lucky4armin

I'm in the same boat as lucky4armin, I need information regarding texts transfer from iphone 3g to the new iphone 5, I have 4 years of important texts personal and business, and I'm sure you must have found a solution by now, if not so I'm guessing I wont be able to transfer any texts from my iphone 5 to my iphone 9 If I needed to? Just doesn't make any sense. BTW text transfer did not work on itunes, just apps, contacts, notes, etc. Please help, thanks.

Mar 16, 2014 12:54 AM in response to lucky4armin

As far as I know iPhone 3GS is not compatible with iOS7 and iCloud. So you will need to create a backup of your old phone using iTunes and restore it to new iPhone. If you find this method difficult, try MobileTrans iPhone Manager.

With MobileTrans you can transfer all the data such as contacts, SMS, music, apps, photos etc. from your old iPhone to your new iPhone without iTunes.

upgrading from iphone 3g to iphone 5

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.