Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Need an iPad 3 note taking app use with any type of stylus

I am a nurse and I take lots of notes while caring for my patients. Is there a note taking app out there that I can obtain and use a DS stylus. I dont like the stylus that best buy sells due to the rubbery, bulky tip. Im looking for something more pen like. All recomendatios welcome. Thanks

iPad (3rd gen) Wi-Fi + Cellular (VZ)

Posted on Sep 18, 2012 5:19 PM

6 replies

Sep 18, 2012 5:29 PM in response to Amanda from Chesapeake

The limitation on the stylus is no the app but the screen technology. The nature of a capacitive touch screen means that a stylus is going to have to emulate a finger in order to work. Adonit's Jot is not bad. It uses a plastic disc around the tip. It's not bad.

I don't know what a "DS" stylus is, though, so I can't comment on that other than to say, unless it's designed for a capacitive touch screen, it won't work.

Sep 18, 2012 5:32 PM in response to IdrisSeabright

Meg St._Clair wrote:

The limitation on the stylus is no the app but the screen technology. The nature of a capacitive touch screen means that a stylus is going to have to emulate a finger in order to work. Adonit's Jot is not bad. It uses a plastic disc around the tip. It's not bad.

I don't know what a "DS" stylus is, though, so I can't comment on that other than to say, unless it's designed for a capacitive touch screen, it won't work.

Meg, did you find the Jot in a brick and mortar retail, or online? Very interested in one, but I want to handle it first. Can't seem to find it anywhere around here.

Need an iPad 3 note taking app use with any type of stylus

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.