Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cannot connect to iTunes store after iOS 6 upgrade

I cannot connect to the iTunes Store after iOS 6 upgrade on my iPhone 4S and my iPad 2. Anyone else having this problem?

iPhone 4S, iOS 6

Posted on Sep 19, 2012 6:33 PM

51 replies

Sep 20, 2012 12:03 AM in response to Jmoneymaker1

Same here. Updated my two iPhone 4s to iOS 6.

Funny: App Store now looks different on both!

In Detail (translated from german - english naming may be different:

One has following tabs to chose: Highlights; Charts; Genius; Search; Updates- this one is fine

The other one: Highlights, Categories, Top25, Search, Updates.

Guess what? I cannot chose the "categories" or "top25" tab without getting an error.

Any idea what I can do to resolve this?

Another note: Killing apps via "holding on/off button 4 seconds and then the home button until return to springboard" does not work anymore :-(

Sep 20, 2012 7:49 AM in response to Jmoneymaker1

Same here. The funny thing is that I can access all apps via the search function or the list of installed / bought apps, just the categories and top 25 tabs don't work here.

I tried changing the date for two months ahead, then again opened the store app - and it looked completely different: The categories and top 25 are now replaced by charts and genius tabs, which even work. After changing back to current time by selecting automatic date and time, the store app kept working that way

Cannot connect to iTunes store after iOS 6 upgrade

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.