Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can we have Google maps back..? I've lost Streetview, ease of use and detail coverage in area of Yorkshire, Uk on my iPad

My iPad updated last night to iOS6 and I'm really upset that the maps app is nowhere as good as google maps.

I've lost Streetview, ease of use (ie drop a pin, click "I" button and get Streetview) and much reduced detail - in parts of North Yorkshire in the Uk I cant get anything other than blurred images.

Please give us the choice of Google or Apple maps, at this stage Apple Maps is not fit for purpose.

One of my primary uses of my mobile devices is mapping, so unless this gets fixed I won't/can't buy any further Apple products.

Cheers

Simon

iPad, iOS 6

Posted on Sep 20, 2012 12:07 AM

11 replies

Sep 21, 2012 2:21 AM in response to ellyell

Not sure whether we will ever see a Google Maps app, folks. Even if Google makes one, it is uncertain whether Apple allows the app in their appstore. I highly doubt it. And then who knows what we would be getting? Maybe a version with crippled functionality. If I understand correctly, Apple is trying to force us to use their crap. Then in the next release of the iPad4 they will announce that they have dramatically improved their maps app and charges us several hundred bucks for a new device 🙂. Time to explore the competition.

Sep 21, 2012 8:05 AM in response to couplands

Sadly there's no going back!

No going back to the days of steve jobs who made software that worked. It just worked.

And thats why apple became great. I cannot find the words to describe how bad apple maps are. The vision is gone and the credibility is gone. I own all the products apple produce and would rave to anybody who would listen as to how great the are. Many upgraded to apple as a result. Now i find after hoping that this release of the next iphone maybe maps would be better, battery wouldnt die after some use and the processor wouldnt lag so much. Well i have been sickened again and very possibly for the last time.

RIP the visionary

Oct 2, 2012 12:16 PM in response to couplands

I want to be able to set Google maps as default to ALL my apps rather than Apple map because its map does not work in London. The train, tube, rail and bus stations do not show in a user friendly way. It has ruined many of my apps which need these sites to show accurate location, such as Rightmove, tube London, cycle hire, Time Out etc.

I need the option to use Google map as default. I was very surprised and then "upset" that Apple did not say before upgrading to IOS 6 that Google map would be replaced by one that only works in America. If I knew, I would never have downloaded it..

Can we have Google maps back..? I've lost Streetview, ease of use and detail coverage in area of Yorkshire, Uk on my iPad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.