Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My iPad 2 will not turn on after iOS 6 update

I set my iPad and iPhone to update overnight and the iPhone update worked fine, by my iPad wont turn on. I don't get the apple screen or anything. Help!

iPad 2 Wi-Fi + 3G, iOS 6

Posted on Sep 20, 2012 5:26 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 20, 2012 5:31 AM

I got it to turn on by holding in the power button and the circle button on the front at the same time for almost a minute. It came on and was updated!

10 replies

Sep 20, 2012 6:51 AM in response to Pirk03

I had this same problem with my iPad 3 (Verizon 4G, wi-fi) when I did IOS 6 update wirelessly last night. I could only leave one device at a time attached to my computer, so I left my iPhone 4S plugged in to the computer and updated to IOS 6 via iTunes. The iPad was updated over my home wi-fi network and plugged in to the charger. I was prompted to enter my Apple ID & Password on both devices and appeared to have successfully upgraded to IOS 6 on both devices. I even was browsing in briefly in the new Safari on the iPad to make sure it was working, then left it to finish charging overnight.

I left both plugged in overnight and when I woke up this morning, the iPhone was fine and the iPad won't turn on. I tried the remedy here by holding down the power & the circle button in front for 2 mins and still didn't go on. Please help!

Sep 20, 2012 7:01 AM in response to littlesqueak7

OK, after I posted above problem, I tried holding the power button and the circle button on the front at the same time for the FIFTH TIME. This time I quickly got the Apple logo as it was rebooting. Everything seems to be fine now, it just took a few tries. Thank you for the solution, I guess it just took doing this a few times to make my iPad turn on and ask for my security code. Now it is updating all the apps for the new IOS.

Sep 22, 2012 11:51 AM in response to Tiffany311

Although I did not have this exact problem, I did another post for this solution on another thread:

I had the same problem with my 4. It's taken me over a day but I've finally got my phone back (although I have lost a couple of months of info as I hadn't backed up my data recently - but at least it's working). I posted above and had tried reinstalling iTunes etc but nothing worked. It kept saying it wouldn't recognise the device. In the end I tried this

http://support.apple.com/kb/TS1567

Once I had stopped and started the Apple Mobile Device Service, iTunes recognised my phone and the update FINALLY continued.

Hope this helps you too.

Good luck.

My iPad 2 will not turn on after iOS 6 update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.