Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Problems after iOS 6 update

After iOS 6 update on my 4s, my whatsapp contacts profile pictures are missing and also my music library the album cover artwork is missing from the album listings?

iPhone 4S, iOS 6

Posted on Sep 20, 2012 7:28 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 24, 2012 4:02 AM

For the Whatsapp contacts profile pictues you have to uninstall the app from the device and install in again from app store. mine came back after doing a fresh install.

WARNING: IT WOULD DELETE ALL THE HISTORY AND YOU CHATS ON WHATSAPP so mail the important chats and history before proceeding as you wont be able to restore the chats after fresh install.

10 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 24, 2012 4:02 AM in response to bmidds

For the Whatsapp contacts profile pictues you have to uninstall the app from the device and install in again from app store. mine came back after doing a fresh install.

WARNING: IT WOULD DELETE ALL THE HISTORY AND YOU CHATS ON WHATSAPP so mail the important chats and history before proceeding as you wont be able to restore the chats after fresh install.

Sep 25, 2012 2:43 AM in response to Jay09

I have a problem with Whatsapp too on my iPhone 4. When I try to "refresh favourites" a pop up window appears telling me "Please add some contacts to your iPhone Address Book". My iphone address book has contacts in it, but for some reason whatsapp isn't recognising it. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the app but its still the same problem.

how do i fix this?

Sep 25, 2012 6:55 AM in response to BaileyBay

If you have upgraded to iOS 6 than you should have noticed the big changes that apple rolled out. one of the most effective and probably annoying change for some is PRIVACY settings. it let you select the APPS to access your contacts,photos,location and all other stuff. you can deny or accept the the app to access those data. your problem seems to be releted to that privacy settings only. GO TO SETTINGS> PRIVACY > CONTACTS > TURN ON WHATSAPP than go back to WHATSAPP AND REFRESH THE FAVOURITES. it should work out.

Oct 1, 2012 12:28 PM in response to Jay09

I have uninstalled ... and reinstalled whatsapp (several times😠) and each time i "allow whatsapp" to use my contacts and I still cant see contacts in Whatsapp 😕

I have gone to settings>PRIVACY > CONTACTS >

and the msg i get is "Applications that have requested access to your contacts will appear here"

Someone please help

Problems after iOS 6 update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.