Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Itunes Wi-Fi Sync not working on Ios6

Itunes Wi-Fi Sync not working on Ios6. It was working with Ios 5.

iPad 2 Wi-Fi + 3G, iOS 6, No Face Time on 3G

Posted on Sep 20, 2012 9:07 AM

27 replies

Sep 21, 2012 8:44 PM in response to nadamala

Me too. My iPad 2, Mac mini. Wif sync was working fine but not now with ios6.

One thing that is interesting is that the ipad itself says to plug into the itunes and select wifi sync, which I obviouslly have done. On iTunes the device shows up in the list and you can manually sync it ! It's just initiating from the ipad that does not work. Even when it's plugged into power it won't sync.

I can feel a 6.0.1 coming very soon here...

Sep 23, 2012 2:16 AM in response to JamieGL

Hi,

I have rectified the problem. Follow the steps.

1) Unistall the existing Itunes from u r desktop

2) Restart the system.

3) Install the lastest Itunes.

4) Connect your Ipad using cable to the Itunes.

5) Select your device in iTunes.

6) Uncheck "Sync With this iPad ove WiFi" option.

7) Click on Sync

8) Close Itunes application

9) Open Ituens Application

10) Now Checck the "Sync With this iPad ove WiFi" option.

11) Close Itunes

12) Disconnect the Cable from Ipad.

13) Open Itunes. Now wait for few seconds. It will connect through WiFi.

Sep 29, 2012 6:01 PM in response to nadamala

OK OK OK

I tried all of the above ideas

none worked for me!

I had already re booted, but I rebooted again, the phone, router, comp (iMac)

I changed the name of my phone, I had a lot of hope riding on that idea, it sounded good, but (sigh) no go!

finally I got it working

this is what I did, I hope it works for you (at least on a Mac)

open

system preferences - Sharing

I clicked on internet sharing, but did not 'tick' the box (mine was off & is still is off now)

I 'ticked' the Wi-Fi tick box

and got out of preferences (i did not 'tick' the internet sharing box, dunno if that is importiant, just what i did)

my iphone 5 popped up in iTunes over Wi-Fi in like 5 seconds and has stayed there since i did a wifi sync

happy days

Sep 29, 2012 7:32 PM in response to nadamala

I downloaded iOS 6 within minutes of it being released. And ever since then I have not been able to wifi sync my iPad 2 over wifi.

I learned that an apple verification page was down, and early adopters of iOS 6 were having wifi issues because of it. I have an iPod touch which I installed iOS 6 about six hours after it was released and have not had any wifi problems with it.

This morning I restored my iPad 2 hoping to get a "clean install" of iOS 6. It worked, but only for 3 hours. I can no longer wifi sync my iPad 2, I have to physically connect to iTunes via the USB cable.

I do not have any other wifi connectivity with my iPad 2, or any of my iPod touches I installed iOS 6 on.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled iTunes on my windows PC. I have checked, and unchecked "sync over wifi" on my iPad maintainance screen when it is connected to iTunes. None of this had resulted in a "stable" wifi sync with my iPad. It might work once or twice or for a few hours. But eventually it stops all together.

Any ideas would be helpful and very much appreciated. Thank you in advance.

Sep 30, 2012 3:59 PM in response to nadamala

Happening on both iPad2 and iPhone4 after iOS 6 upgrade and using the latest iTunes on W7. Worked once after hard reboot of iPad but that was it. I'm guessing that this is a fairly common issue and will miraculously be a non-issue after a routine upgrade of iOS 6. Meanwhile I'm depending on hard connection for back-up and leaving wife's iPhone on iOS 5.

Sep 30, 2012 7:57 PM in response to nadamala

I am not sure if this can resolve your issue, but I have the same issue and I don't want to turn off my firewall as I do lot of secure office transactions over internet.

I am using MAC (iPad and iPhone 4S) and PC (iPhone 3GS) for my devices to sync.

While digging through the settings of my router (DLink), I found that a service called UPnP is disabled, just for curosity I enabled the service and boom..all my devices iPad, iPhone 3GS and iPhone 4S started displaying in iTunes via Wi-Fi.

Hope this may help someone with the same issue.

Oct 6, 2012 11:43 AM in response to nadamala

I was successful in restoring connectivity to both devices. By happenstance (or Apple's update timing), I updated iTunes, installed iOS 6 on the iPhone and iPad and updated to iCloud Control Panel 2.0 within days of each other. I highly recommend staying away from the iCloud update since it's the likely suspect in messing up my registry (W7) and costing me hours in restoring my system. ALSO I suspect it reset various wifi and network setting. I'm not a geek, so this is just the result of deductive reasoning.

Any, I had to rebuild the connectivity between my wifi network and the Airport Express that I used to play iTunes through a remote stereo. I kept losing the Airport Express device on the network and got an error 10057 (completely useless information) when I could see it. Hard reset and reinstall of Airport Utility didn't help. So I went through the process of reconnecting the PC to the network, which including rebooting the router. It seemed successful and went I went to iTunes to test it, there was the iPad. iTunes saw but didn't recognize my iPhone so I did a hard reboot on it and it connected successfully.

In all likelihood this fix has the same effect as ashish81sharma's solution. Both come down to wifi router settings that were changed by upgrades and needed to be rest.

Keep plugging away. It's only technology and you can beat it.

Itunes Wi-Fi Sync not working on Ios6

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.