Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

What steps do I need to take to trade in my iPhone 4 for an iPhone 5 through Amazon.com?

I am looking to exchange my iPhone 4 for an iPhone 5 through Amazon.com once my AT&T contract is up for renewal. I just want to make sure that if I trade in my iPhone 4 and have a 5 shipped to me that I will not have any difficutly when installing my SIM card to the 5.

iPhone 4, iOS 5.1.1

Posted on Sep 20, 2012 11:08 AM

2 replies

Sep 20, 2012 11:45 AM in response to Rodlian

Amazon sells iPhones? Amazon has an exchange program?? I'll assume that's a typo on your part.

Whoever sells you an iPhone 5 will have to contact AT&T and confirm you eligibility to buy a subsidized phone. If AT&T agrees to subsidize you, the iPhone you receive will be locked to AT&T and preconfigured for your cell phone number. Shortly after you activate it, the new iPhone will work for calls and the old one won't. There is no swapping of sims, the sim in the Iphone 4S will not work in an iPhone 5, they are different and not swappable.

What steps do I need to take to trade in my iPhone 4 for an iPhone 5 through Amazon.com?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.