Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

ipad locked up during ios 6 upgrade

Been two hours to download ios 6 and install. iPad did show Apple icon and movement on a progress bar, but after that bar filled a new black screen shows with the Apple logo and an empty progress bar. Not even able to power off unit.

iPad (3rd gen) Wi-Fi + Cellular (VZ), iOS 6

Posted on Sep 20, 2012 12:10 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 20, 2012 12:16 PM

Try a Reset [Hold the Home and Sleep/Wake buttons down together for 10 seconds or so (until the Apple logo appears) and then release. The screen will go blank and then power ON again in the normal way.] It is app and data safe!

10 replies

Sep 20, 2012 4:17 PM in response to alanfromnewtownards

This was exactly the solution I needed. Just because it interests me, what caused the problem to begin with? I wouldn't have thought that given the number of people updating, that this sort of problem would exist. This is my first Apple device, so I'm not sure of what's common. Would the upgrade eventually have been pushed to me? Is there a window (like don't download the first week) that I shluld watch for? Let the servers get caught up?

tnx

mcm

ipad locked up during ios 6 upgrade

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.