Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

AppStore won't search on IPad3 After IOS 6 upgrade

Yes having done the upgrade I can no longer search for an app on the App Store. Everything else works fine ...for example the recommendations, the categories all display fine and I can download and install apps no problem so long as they are listed.....however if I search for an app , say for example VNC, it searches for VNC and although it says it finds matches it doesn't show any either for iPad or iPhone and therefore I can't look at choices or download / install. Basically I have an AppStore app that can't search for an app within its own AppStore!

Any ideas?

I've tried reset

I've tried wireless connection reset

I've tried restriction settings

iTunes works fine

Internet access is fine

Internet browsing is fine

Everything works bar the search

iPad, iOS 6, Ipad3

Posted on Sep 20, 2012 3:31 PM

9 replies

Oct 1, 2012 8:55 AM in response to Macca1328

Same problem also - ipad 2 updated to OS6. No part of App Center will work for me except Genius (which I turned on yesterday after discovered that the rest of app center did not work). I've tried all fixes except for a hard reset but nothing has worked so far.

Last night I also got stuck in an infinite loop of accepting Apples Terms and Conditions when trying to update the apps I already have. That resolved itself spontaneously. Related issues?

Oct 1, 2012 9:40 AM in response to Tr1pw1re

Mine just started working again late on Friday after being without the search function for most of the afternoon on Friday. I don't recall doing anything to fix it. I do recall switching the iPad to Airplane mode and then back to normal. Then wondering if it has something to do with my WiFi network (I've been having problems with it), I decided to try a different network. I fired up my Verizon MiFi hot-spot and connected to it. I was then able to search the App Store with no issue. I disconnected from the MiFi hot-spot and back to my normal WiFi network and was still able to search the App Store. I have no clue what changed, but I've been working fine since.

Oct 3, 2012 5:03 AM in response to Macca1328

Same here, but with iPhone 5, so it came with iOS 6 already installed, no upgrade.

Tried shutdown the iphone and switch it on again, and also hard reset (home + top button) - nothing helped.

Also tried the Reset Network Settings option.

Went to Apple Store, but all they said was to do compelete restore...

That was the answer I got last time I had a problem, when I restored the iphone and lost all the photos (even that everything was backed up to iCloud. Bad advice...

So, I guess we're ****** by Apple again. Waiting for the next OS update.

Oct 13, 2012 5:32 PM in response to GiladH

I think you're right...we're all ****** by Apple...iOS is probably the worst update EVER...

Does anyone know anything about an upcoming update??

The weird thing is as soon as "search" stopped working...suddenly the "purchased" option in App Store started working again while it was off since i updated to iOS 6 !! Strange things happen 😝

AppStore won't search on IPad3 After IOS 6 upgrade

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.