Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cannot use Passbook on iPhone 4

Hi, I have an iPhone 4 recently updated to iOS 6, I was checking the features of the new software and I tried to use the Passbook app, I access the app but when I tap on the button of App Store it redirects me to the store but then it shows an error that it cannot connect to the App Store. I called Apple and they suggested me a workaround that consist in the change of the date of my iPhone and then change it back to the current date, after that process it seems that it can connect to the App Store but it keeps loading and it doesn't show anything on the store... I live in Costa Rica, however, I'm using an Apple ID of U.S.A... Help!

iPhone 4, iOS 6

Posted on Sep 20, 2012 6:19 PM

8 replies

Sep 21, 2012 8:30 AM in response to shogokicr

I am having the same problem but trying what is suggested above hasn't worked. I rebooted the iPhone several times and that didn't help. It continues to be a message saying "Loading....." which goes on indefinitetly. I changed the date and changed it back but that didn't solve the problem. Any other suggestions? Thank you.

Sep 22, 2012 11:04 AM in response to xod3a

Hi. I found away to avoid the whole App Store issue. Here is the video on YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BAzZtaV2sk4

If you go to http://passsource.com/ from Safari on your phone. Create an account. Then start creating passes. They will show up in your Passbook app next time you open it. I tested it out with a Target gift card - worked great.

(NOTE: I had changed the time to a year ahead and forgot to change it back before I tested this but I wouldn't think it would matter.)

Cannot use Passbook on iPhone 4

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.