Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPad 2 email not working after upgrade to IOS 6

HI, I upgraded my ipad2 to IOS 6 last night and now I am not receiving emails and it is taking a long time to send emails. The app says 'connecting' and then hangs with no email coming in and eventually get an error message... 'Cannot Get Mail" "The Connection to the Server Failed". It did allow me to create a test email and send it however it did not appear to be actually sending the email... it finally sent the test email after 15 min. I did not have any issues with email prior to the upgrade and was not getting any connection failed errors. Thanks Sue

iPad 2, iOS 6

Posted on Sep 21, 2012 7:09 AM

14 replies

Sep 21, 2012 2:46 PM in response to xanaduski

I had a problem connecting to my exchange server. It turns out that Exchange will only allow ten devices to be partnered to your account at a time. Apparently I have a problem with new phone.(Attending the 12 step program now for treatment.) I had this message in my inbox when I logged in to check the server. "You have 10 phone partnerships out of the maximum allowed 10 partnerships. After you reach the maximum, you can't create additional partnerships until you delete existing ones from your account. To do so, sign in to Outlook Web App, click Options > Phone > Mobile Phones, and delete any unused partnerships." I followed the instructions and delted all the old accounts...problem solved.

iPad 2 email not working after upgrade to IOS 6

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.