Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I record with GarageBand 1.3 in the background using other app?

I use iPad 2 with iOS 6 and GarageBand v1.3.

I'd like to play an other app like Sunrizer synth while the GarageBand is recording in the background in a track.

By now I can do it only using the build-in mic of iPad, but this is not the point.

Can I record other apps in a GarageBand track?

Thanks a lot for your time.

iPad 2, iOS 6

Posted on Sep 21, 2012 12:49 PM

16 replies

Sep 22, 2012 12:42 PM in response to turingtest2

I suspect you are probably correct about the reasoning, although there are already a myriad of ways to do that.

Don't get me wrong - I never said I like this. But it is consistent with other Apple applications, that are similar restrictive; you cannot take a screenshot, when dvd-player is running for example.

That are the moments, when I am glad that MacOS X is a unix system under the hood 😝

Sep 22, 2012 1:18 PM in response to léonie

leonieDF wrote:

Don't get me wrong - I never said I like this.

I didn't make that assumption. 🙂

But it is consistent with other Apple applications, that are similar restrictive; you cannot take a screenshot, when dvd-player is running for example.

Indeed, and is logical reasoning for why direct recording is not supported, much as it would be useful. 😐

tt2

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.