Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My iPad Won't Rotate after updating to iOS 6.

After updating to iOS 6, my iPad2 won't auto rotate. I already checked if the rotation was locked, so this isn't the case. I tried restarting it and rebooting it. The only possible way to rotate the screen is to turn off the iPad, rotate the iPad, then turn on the iPad again. Please help me, I don't know how to fix this problem.

iPad 2, iOS 6

Posted on Sep 21, 2012 5:39 PM

12 replies

Sep 23, 2012 6:54 AM in response to blueturtle97

Check a number of other topics related to this question - causes include hardware lock (with the rotation / mute switch), software lock (music controls) or possibly an app issue - see this discussion https://discussions.apple.com/thread/4314652 in particular for details on different possible causes as well as links for further information (http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4085 in particular). If the usual solutions don't work, it may be worth looking into newly installed / updated apps that may hijack the rotation lock as I've just come to experience myself.

Feb 24, 2013 8:39 AM in response to blueturtle97

Hi,

Did you find a way to have the rotation ?

I also have an ipad 2 and I make the update IOS 6 2 weeks ago and now I can figure out how to have a rotation !

I'm still looking, try restoration, reset all setting; change control panel and its not working.

Assistance apple told me the ipad is off ! can believe its working very well except the battery is going faster;

Anybody have the solution ?

Mar 29, 2013 2:54 AM in response to SabrinaCassie

I had same problem post upgrade to iOS 6.1.3

I went to

[Setting] [General] and set the

[Use_Side_Switch_To] option from [Rotation ...] to [Mute]

Checked switch by manually flipping the button on iPad cover (next to volume) back and forth and seeing images of mute actions appear sceen centre

But on checking further not all apps rotated automatically ... so ...

Manually closed all open apps by:

Screen button x2 in quick succession bottom bar appears with all active apps

Touch and hold on of these apps in this bar untill the x appears on them and the wobble

Close each one down by touching x

Then

Rebooted ( ... just like a Microsoft machine :-)

Now all working working ... boy you really miss that feature when its not functioning ...

Dont know if all steps relevant but this is what worked for me ...

... best of luck

Message was edited by: citizenpips

My iPad Won't Rotate after updating to iOS 6.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.