Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iphone stuck on 'not enough storage' screen and I cant even answer a call. How do I get out of it?

Hello,

I updated to OS6 yesterday, and today I got a message across the screen that 'This iphone cannot be backed up because there is not enough icloud storage available. You can manage your storage in settings'. I opted for 'settings' to fix it, and it is hopelessly stuck. All I can get to is Siri. I cant answer a call, see my messages or even power off. How do I get rid of it?

Any suggestions would be helpful, Thanks

iPhone 4S, iOS 6

Posted on Sep 21, 2012 5:58 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 21, 2012 6:03 PM

Try resetting your device by holding down both the home and lock buttons for ~10 seconds or until the device restarts, ignoring the power slider.

8 replies

Dec 1, 2013 1:05 PM in response to HuskieN

Hi there -

Was reading your very helpful advice regarding phone stuck on "not enough storage", including the recommendation to hold down the "lock" button for 10 seconds, ignoring the "slide" command.

Do you happen to know a fix for this problem when your lock button is already broken and you are already using Assistive Touch?

I've tried holding down the "lock" button on the Assistive Touch menu, to no avail. I've also tried plugging into my computer/iTunes, which did not work either.

I'm desperate!

Thanks!

iphone stuck on 'not enough storage' screen and I cant even answer a call. How do I get out of it?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.