Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Ipad 3 won't turn on after ios 6 update

Hi everyone,

I'm at a loss! My Ipad 3 was working fine, and while fully charged I updated to ios 6. Everything worked fine and I was thrilled. While at work, I turned the Ipad off, and now it won't turn back on. I've tried resetting, I've tried holding down the power and home buttons (repeatedly, and for long time periods), and I've tried to restore it using my itunes but my computer now doesn't recognize the device when I plug in the USB. but I never see any reaction by the device. No icons on the screen, no apple logo, no nothing... I updated itunes, still the same problem. So, for the life of me, this fully charged relatively new working fine 64G Gen 3 Ipad just won't turn on. 😟 Any additional ideas before I dare to go in the crowded apple store for assistance?

Thanks, Hollie

Posted on Sep 21, 2012 9:53 PM

6 replies

Sep 21, 2012 9:55 PM in response to holliek

Try this...

Press and Hold the Sleep/Wake Button and the Home Button at the Same Time...

Wait for the Apple logo to Appear...

Usually takes about 15 - 20 Seconds... ( But can take Longer...)

Release the Buttons...

http://support.apple.com/kb/ht1430

If no joy... Try a Restore...

1: Connect the device to your computer and open iTunes.

2: If the device appears in iTunes, select and click Restore on the Summary pane.

3: If the device doesn't appear in iTunes, try using the steps in this article to force the device into recovery mode.

Ipad 3 won't turn on after ios 6 update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.