Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iphone 5 verizon free hotspot?

with the iphone 5 on verizon:

is there free hot spot created or do you need to pay verizon 20.00 extra for hot spot ability?

thanks

MacBook Pro, OS X Mountain Lion, iPad2

Posted on Sep 22, 2012 4:32 AM

4 replies

Sep 22, 2012 7:57 AM in response to Robert Weber4

You need to change your data plan as Verizon no longer allows mobile hotspot (mhs) purely from the smartphone data limit. If you log into My Verizon, you can alter your data plan to X amount for smartphone & Y amount for MHS. Looked briefly last night and it was something like $50/month for 4GB (2 phone/ 2 MHS). The next amount was $70 but I can't remember the data limit. I might wait one to two months to see how much of 5GB I burn through on only the phone.

Nov 28, 2012 5:13 PM in response to Gung ho Rome

Actually, this is not true. If you have unlimited data plan, you can get unlimited data hotspot for $30/month. If you are on one of the new shared data plans, then it's free up to X amount of data.

I filed a complaint with the FCC, VZW executive offices called me and now I have unlimited hotspot until end of Feb '13. It's all just a gimic. And, I'll continue to fight it.

iphone 5 verizon free hotspot?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.