Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

New Headphones w/iPhone 5-Bad Connection

I tried the new headphones last night on my iPhone 5 and they really sound great. As good as my Bose in the ear headphone if not better. Anyway with that said they only sound good if I hole the plug to the phone. The plug just doesn't seem to lock in like it does with my Bose headphones. So possible defect with headphone jack or the plug on the new iPhone????? I hate to get a replacement phone the next day when I already spent $20 for a Zagg shield.

Any thoughts???

Thanks in advance,

Dave O

iPhone 5, iOS 6, 64GB, Black

Posted on Sep 22, 2012 9:34 AM

9 replies

Sep 22, 2012 1:49 PM in response to DaveOJr

Dave -I have this same problem! What a bummer huh?!

My earbuds and headsets work in my other devices but not on my new i5! I get a little static intermittently and can hear only if I press the plug into the jack. As soon as I release - nothing. I just finished synching up all my music on iTunes and now can't even listen to it. Need to call to find out what to do about a replacement but certainly don't want them to repair it since I've had it out of the box for less than 24 hours!

I wonder if this is a common problem or if we were just unlucky!

~b

Sep 22, 2012 6:41 PM in response to DaveOJr

Brought my phone into the local store...they were able to get it to work. I think my problem may have been that the earbud jack was not fully "snapped" into place. I've tried various headsets and earbuds throughout the day and when I use a bit more force to connect - I haven't had any problems. I have an Otterbox case which is a little thicker and as a result I may have thought the jack was all the way in when it might not have been. Fingers crossed that it was user error on my part!

~b

Nov 10, 2012 1:35 PM in response to DaveOJr

I have the same problem. I tried to push it harder but nothing happened. I tried my headphones with other devices and they work just fine. I also tried 3 different headphones... What can i do beside taking it to the apple store ? I have the phone for like 10 days. When i got the phone i tryied and everything worked just fine.

New Headphones w/iPhone 5-Bad Connection

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.