Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Straight Talk MMS & Data fix!

My Iphone 4s 16g and 4s 32g are both unlocked and have this same issue. In iOS 6 the new settings setup meeses with my ability to fix my APN settings to get my data & mms working with my straight talk sim. BUT there is a way to fix it. I dont take credit for this at all, it was sent to me on another post I had but im just going to modify it slightly.

This is thte only way to get data & MMS working on a non-jailbroken iPhone on iOS 6 as far as im aware of right now

1. Open the Notes app (or any other stock app)

2. Go to Settings > General

3. Insert the T-Mobile SIM (can be brand new/unactivated OR an old one that has had service) will bring up the Cellular option

4. Go into Cellular > Cellular Data Network when it shows up

5. Immediately take out the T-Mobile SIM and put the Straight Talk SIM back in while in the Cellular Data Network tab

6. Multitask between Cellular Data Network and the Notes app back and forth until a signal from Straight Talk comes in and the default non-working data & MMS APN are automatically entered. It is important to wait until the default APN settings show up

7. Once the APNs do show up, edit them manually

8. Go toggle Airplane Mode on and off, and then turn your iphone off and then back on

Data and MMS now work fine.... UNTIL YOUR PHONE TURNS OFF OR DIES!

To fix this follow these steps

After Step 8 and you check that your data & mms ARE working. then turn off your phone one more time and then back on again. Check that data & mms yet again. data should work but mms shouldnt. Here is the fix; go into Settings > Cellular > then toggle Cellular Data off and back on and everything should be working 100000% fine now.

Cellular Data

APN: att.mvno

Username: *blank*

Password: *blank*

MMS

Username: *blank*

Password: *blank*

MMSC: http://www.mmsc.cingular.com

MMS Proxy: 66.209.11.33:80

MMS Max Message Size: 1048576

MMS UA Prof URL: *blank*

I can confirm 100% that this method works on iOS 6

iPhone 4S, iOS 6

Posted on Sep 22, 2012 11:34 AM

64 replies

Sep 22, 2013 7:40 AM in response to joec0x

If you want to use Straight Talk's newly adopted LTE network. I have posted a short video showing the proper APN settings which works on both iOS and Android devices. MMS works as well. I got these settings after a 40 minutes ordeal with Straight Talks call-in customer service, so I figured I share the knowledge and save you all some time.

Note: I believe LTE only works if you get the new SIM's provided from Straight Talk, as I used an older microSIM from Striaght Talk before this one and only was able to access 3G speeds.

Straight Talk APN LTE settings

Jul 3, 2017 3:45 PM in response to joec0x

I'm having a similar issue but my phone is a straighttalk iphone5 that uses the citizen network thru straighttalk. I've purchased the $45 unlimited plan for the last 2 yrs and about 2 months ago my phone stopped using cellular data. It's pd for and turned on but it won't connect to cellular data. I have no SIM card. The phone has worked fine without one until now. Does anyone have any suggestions. I've tried everything listed on here and mothing works.

Sep 23, 2012 5:45 AM in response to joec0x

Don't worry about the screen back tracking you in the settings menu after you swap. Just navigate the same screen again after the ST SIM is put back in and wait for the default settings to load up again.

I have kind of the same process but just a couple more details in a guide a made after I was so happy to get MMS working on my phone! Step By Step Guide with screenshots

http://www.jgmedia.biz/how-to-get-data-and-mms-working-on-straight-talk-iphone-4 -and-iphone-4s-on-ios-6-updated-sim-swap-method/

Oct 25, 2012 8:03 PM in response to joec0x

Okay I have been trying this for a couple of days now with NO LUCK!....I JUST got it so I will share here what worked for me.

I definitely followed the above steps and used the t-mobile sim to enter the APN settings. I did this a couple times and nothing.

I searched different sites and on the wikipedia site

http://wiki.howardforums.com/index.php/Straight_Talk_iPhone#Settings

I noticed that the settings on this site where a little different than all the other sites. Since I had tried time and time again I entered these instead and to my wonderful surprise it WORKED!!!!!!!!

check out the differences on MMSC there is no "www" and on MMS UA there is site to enter. Hope this helps other 🙂

Settings

Cellular Data
Username:
Password:
MMS
Username:
Password:
MMSC: http://mmsc.cingular.com
MMS Proxy: 66.209.11.33:80
MMS Max Size: 1048576
MMS UA Prof URL: http://www.apple.com/mms/uaprof.rdf

Straight Talk MMS & Data fix!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.