Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Lost mode. How do I turn it off?

I just updated my iphone 4s to iOS6 and decided to try the new feature Lost Mode, so I set up a passcode, and it worked great. The one glaring exception being that I cannot seem to turn it back off, which means I can't turn off the need to punch in the passcode everytime my phone goes into sleep mode. This means I have to push a button, swipe to unlock and then punch in a passcode so many times a day that in the less than 12 hours I've had Lost Mode on I've already begun to develop blisters. Anyone have any suggestions?

I turned off my Find my Mac on my Macbook Air, Find my Iphone on my phone, and cleared out stored icloud data so the app isnt active anywhere, yet it still keeps asking me to punch in the passcode each time I want to play scramble with friends, look up a phone number or read a text. This is ridiculous. I even tried to reinstall the application and nothing has worked. Will I need to bring this device into my local ATT store or my local MAC store to fix this bug or will I be able to save some gas and get some help from my peers?

Please help me if you can, thank you in advance.

iPhone 4S, iOS 6, bought new in February

Posted on Sep 23, 2012 4:52 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 23, 2012 12:04 PM

You need to turn off passcode lock in the general settings.

2 replies

Lost mode. How do I turn it off?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.