Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Maps app on OS6 no longer provides public transportation directions

I tried many different apps and non seems to work properly to display public transportation directions from one place to another. I am very frustrated Apple assumes i am obliged to own a car as after i updated my OS to 6 Maps app became useless to me. Thank you.

iOS 6

Posted on Sep 23, 2012 5:09 PM

2 replies

Sep 27, 2012 12:13 PM in response to inesak

I noticed that transit directions in iOS6 tries to take you to the App Store instead of giving directions, or defaults to whatever transit app you may have already installed (I had a New York subway app, so it tried to use that to find directions in Atlanta). Then I found that if you download an app called "Transit - Directions with Public Transportation" (by Tapone Technology, and it's free with ads), Apple's "Maps" app will ask you if you want to use that app to receive directions. Choose the app's "Route" button, and directions appear. I have tested it in three US cities as well as Amsterdam, and it seems to "know" all the answers with trams, buses, subways etc. Basically, Maps no longer gives transit information without a "helper" app to refer to. There may be other secondary, or "helper", apps I am not aware of, or I may have missed somthing with the way Maps operates. I agree that this is unnecessarily convoluted compared to iOS5, but at least it's a workaround until things get fixed with the Maps app.

Maps app on OS6 no longer provides public transportation directions

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.