Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I've just installed the newest upgrade ios6 for my iPad and now the you tube app icon is not on the main screen. How do I get it back?

It appears I've lost my you tube app after installing the latest upgrade iOS 6 to my iPad. How can I retrieve it? I've already gone to settings-general- and restrictions was and is on.

iPad 2 Wi-Fi, iOS 6

Posted on Sep 23, 2012 6:46 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 23, 2012 6:50 PM

You don't. Apparently Apple's contract with Google for their apps, such as maps and youtube is over so Youtube will not be a part of the iOS. I understand that there is an app for Youtube in the app store for the iPhone that works for the iPad (your scaling will just be off)

Another option is to access youtube via the mobile site and safari (m.youtube.com I think it is)

There are rumors of a iPad version of the youtube app, but no one knows for sure until they see it.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 23, 2012 6:50 PM in response to Dostrow45

You don't. Apparently Apple's contract with Google for their apps, such as maps and youtube is over so Youtube will not be a part of the iOS. I understand that there is an app for Youtube in the app store for the iPhone that works for the iPad (your scaling will just be off)

Another option is to access youtube via the mobile site and safari (m.youtube.com I think it is)

There are rumors of a iPad version of the youtube app, but no one knows for sure until they see it.

I've just installed the newest upgrade ios6 for my iPad and now the you tube app icon is not on the main screen. How do I get it back?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.